Board of Directors
Current Board of Directors
- Nancy M. Cox, VP for Land Grant Engagement and Dean of the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Lee Mitchell, UK Dining
- Melody Flowers, Representing the Executive VP for Finance and Administration
- Krista Jacobsen, Faculty Chair
The Board reviews and approves The Food Connection’s vision and strategic plan, the annual budget, the appointment of professional staff, and annual and other reports. Membership includes:
- Dean of CAFE or designee
- UK Dining Resident Manager or designee
- Executive Director of Finance & Administration designee
- UK Food Connection Faculty Director
- UK Food Connection Executive Director (ex officio)
The dean of CAFE supervises the faculty director, and may designate the supervisor for the executive director. The board of directors reviews and approves staff appointment and performance evaluation.
The executive director is a full-time professional dedicated to the management and implementation of The Food Connection and programs.
The faculty chair is a part-time appointment. The faculty director provides academic and scholarly leadership and vision.
Faculty affiliates committee, is composed of the Food Systems Initiative faculty and provides guidance for research and academic integration. If you are interested in joining this group, contact Krista Jacobsen, faculty chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An advisory committee, composed of Kentucky local food systems stakeholders, is chaired by the executive director, and provides guidance for programs and initiatives that support local food systems development in Kentucky. If you are interested in joining this The Food Connection at email@example.com or email Ashton Potter Wright directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.